Rebecca Review

Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier

“I would have gone too but I wanted to come straight back to you.I kept thinking of you, waiting here, all by yourself, not knowing what was going to happen.”

Same with the review I did for Indiana by George Sand, I heard Rebecca through Meg & Dia song (pre-Dia Frampton if anyone watched her on the voice for the first season) but unlike George Sand who is hard to find any of her novels in book stores and used book stores you can find Daphne du Maurier books at any book stores.

I honestly thought the book was really good. It was mysterious, suspensefull (spelling?) and had some romance.

The narrator of Maxwell second wife (who name is not revealed through the whole book sadly) describes her new life from the moment on meeting Max through arriving to a different town to people comparing her to Rebecca (maxwell first wife) to learning about a couple of dark secrets from not only Maxwell past life with Rebecca but also some dark secrets about Rebecca herself and what she did to what happen to her.

That probably a little bit of spoilers not that much but some. I don't want to give out whole of what happen for those who haven't read the book yet.

If I had a top five of favorite authors Daphne would be on the list even though I don't have a top five since it hard to pick a lot of talented writers.